Lenard Myers, II
Lead counsel at Fortress Proprietas.
Practice Areas: Contracts, Commercial Litigation, Consumer Protection
Lenard Myers focuses his practice on the representation of consumers, contractors, and businesses. A great deal of his work involves auto fraud, defending and preventing foreclosures, as well as matters involving complex commercial litigation. Mr. Myers practices law in the state and federal courts of Virginia. He places great value on courtesy, professionalism and resolving problems in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
Lenard began his legal career as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney. Notably, he prosecuted over 300 matters with a conviction rate exceeding 90%. Subsequently, he successfully transitioned to private practice while returning to academia as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Tidewater Community College. There, Lenard inspires students to fully realize their potential through rigorous coaching and instruction.
Lenard values a strong commitment to public service. He serves as a citizen soldier in the Virginia Defense Force, a branch of the Virginia National Guard. Currently, he leads as the Officer in Charge of the Joint Operations Center Augmentation Detachment at Joint Forces Headquarters. Additionally, Lenard serves his local community as a member of the Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee for the City of Chesapeake where he is in the midst of his second term.
Press & Published Decisions
- Residents Address Council on Carbon Monoxide Threat
- Portsmouth Upgrades Swanson Homes heating Units
- Joyce Squire, Administrator of the Estate of Kim Squire King, Et Al. v. Virginia Housing Development Authority, Et Al.
Lenard represents individuals and businesses in: The negotiation of commercial contracts; Drafting of commercial contracts; Resolution of complex contractual disputes through means of negotiation; and the Resolution of complex contractual disputes through means of litigation. He represents individuals and businesses in the litigation of matters of involving breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty in disputes arising between business partners. He also represents individuals and entities in matters concerning mortgages, loan modifications, and foreclosures, where disputes include fraud and breach of contract actions against mortgage lenders as well as mortgage servicing companies. Finally, Lenard represents consumers against car dealers engaged in auto fraud concerning purchases, warranties, and title issues.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- State Courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Norfolk State University, B.S. Finance, 1996
- Regent University, J.D., 1999
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- South Hampton Roads Bar Association, President
- Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Virginia, Board Member
- C.H.A.N.C.E. Initiative, Founder, Board Chair
- YMCA: The Y on Granby, Board Member