Lenard Myers, II
Lead counsel at Fortress Proprietas.
Practice Areas: Contracts, Civil Litigation, Board of Pharmacy Representation
Lenard Myers focuses his practice on the representation of consumers, businesses, as well as pharmacists and pharmacies. A great deal of his work involves auto fraud, lemon law claims, defending and preventing foreclosures, as well as matters involving complex commercial litigation, and protecting the rights of pharmacists and pharmacies facing investigation or licensing problems. Mr. Myers practices law in the state and federal courts of Virginia. He places great value on courtesy, professionalism and resolving problems in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
Lenard began his legal career as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney. Notably, he prosecuted over 300 matters with a conviction rate exceeding 90%. Subsequently, he successfully transitioned to private practice while returning to academia, initially as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Tidewater Community College and now in the School of Business at Norfolk State University. There, Lenard inspires students to fully realize their potential through rigorous coaching and instruction.
Lenard values a strong commitment to public service. He served as a citizen soldier in the Virginia Defense Force, a branch of the Virginia National Guard. He was last assigned as the Officer-in-Charge of the Joint Operations Center Augmentation Detachment located at Joint Forces Headquarters. Additionally, Lenard serves his local community as Chair of the Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee for the City of Chesapeake, and recently wrapped up work on the Mayor’s Advisory Committee for Comprehensive Planning Strategies, also for the City of Chesapeake.
Press & Published Decisions
- Residents Address Council on Carbon Monoxide Threat
- Portsmouth Upgrades Swanson Homes heating Units
- Joyce Squire, Administrator of the Estate of Kim Squire King, et al. v. Virginia Housing Development Authority, et al.
Lenard represents individuals and businesses in: The negotiation of commercial contracts; Drafting of commercial contracts; Resolution of complex contractual disputes through means of negotiation; and the Resolution of complex contractual disputes through means of litigation. He represents individuals and businesses in the litigation of matters of involving breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty in disputes arising between business partners. He also represents individuals and entities in matters concerning mortgages, loan modifications, and foreclosures, where disputes include fraud and breach of contract actions against mortgage lenders as well as mortgage servicing companies. Finally, Lenard represents consumers against car dealers engaged in auto fraud concerning purchases, warranties, and title issues.
- The State Courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Norfolk State University, B.S. Finance, 1996
- Regent University, J.D., 1999
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia State Bar Council, Representative At-Large
- Virginia Pharmacists Association, Member
- American Society for Pharmacy Law, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- South Hampton Roads Bar Association, Past President
- Boys & Girls Club of Southeast Virginia, Board Member